Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not Martha Stewart, But Getting There

I just found the coolest blog that I wanted to share. Not Martha. It is a blog of do it yourself projects. I recently borrowed Martha Stewart's A to Z Encyclopedia of Crafts from the library, which was a partial inspiration for the soapmaking project. So to find a blog of someone with random, needed do-it-yourself projects online is exciting. I think I am slowly realizing there are a lot of them out there.

This might be the start of something. Last weekend, I was at a baby shower with lots of crafty people that work on craft books. Today, a friend just gave me a sewing machine. I think my life may be getting a little more crafty, if not at the least more self-sufficient.

The soap is finally ready to use. I tried it out today with successful results. I did not realize that store-bought soap removes the glycerin from the soap or is made from detergents. Homemade soap is supposedly more moisturizing; I am excited to test it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment